Sunday 17 March 2013

Text Animation (RESEARCH)

I think text would be the easiest style for animation, the text is already on the computer, you just need to manipulate it (movements, size, layout). In some of these videos you can see that they have added images/icons too, which improves it by far for me because it looks appealing and harmonises with the text.

This video is too obvious. The text does what the word means (kentic animation). Its interesting to see how people interpirate the meaning to words and people can learn better this way because you have sound (auditory) word (visual) movement of text (kinaesthetic) so no matter how you learn as a person this video can teach you. 



Very simple movements of each letter, i put this on my blog to show it doesn't need to be complicated to be creative. I think the thing that i liked the most about this video is that each letter was originally a sheet of paper folded into a letter. It could be improved by making it go with the music to put it all together. 

This is a quote transformed into a short animation. So simple and effective! I would be happy to have something like this as a final animation, however its a kentic animation and uses spoken words instead of music to represent.

I really enjoyed this video for the movement and camera shots. I dont think that the music and the actions of the animation matches but its a narrative about the red wine. I think they did a very good job with the movement of the text e.g. the text is red wine been filled to the word ted.