Tuesday 9 April 2013

CLAY TIME! Practice time

Here are a few examples of me playing with clay. These are only experiments, not part of my final video.
Play doh instead of clay.
I bought a four pack play doh set for the clay. I wanted different colours to represent different images throughout the painting scenes in the animation. I think this is important so the views can see the difference.



hand pressing down. Simple but effective this movement.


I like how the worm wiggles its way into the apple. Fun design.

This is the best tester iv done so far. I like how my hand moves with the objects in hand.
Crap. Not enough frames.
bored.com
 
my camera keeps going blurry when i take photos, getting annoying.
getting there but not right. 48 frames for hand moment needs reducing

prating 

2 sec winning


You may be asking yourself why so many videos? The reason why iv done so many is because once i re created a sample of my story board i didnt like the in between movement of the shapes. So i wanted to think of something else. I aimed towards making it related to the theme such as brushes and including my hand. In the end iv got a better idea and will make a new story board to show where i have made the changes. 

You must also be wondering why is there only one camera angle? simple because i am trying to represent paint that comes to life then can morf into anything e.g. a 3D circle. If i make it very obvious that it has turned 3D then it will work with my idea. 

You also must be wondering why i have decided to stick with using the brown floor instead of a nice white sheet. Simply because its based around me getting my paper and equipment  getting ready to paint in my room. This makes it more personal, instead of white background, white paper... it will not give the right impression to my idea. 

I have timed my animation to the last frame and second so hopefully it will fit like a glove. 

Camera angles: I will try other angles to see how it would look however, i think its time i start on my final outcome.