Tuesday 9 April 2013

Type of animation im doing: Stop motion vs clay. Let the battle begin!

Example of clay and human interaction. Simply amazing. Its only 30 seconds like my animation is going to be, however hes got so much into the video, different charters, movement. It doesn't tell a story but showing familiar designs e.g. spider on the spider web which is spiderman. We think of this automatically. Maybe i should you key things to make sure my audience knows whats, what.


The reason why im doing stop motion animation rather than the rest os because it looks the most interesting and who doesn't like taking 100s of photos. I do think its very challenging to interduce clay and stop motion together when iv not done stop motion before but thats all going to change. Im really excited to get started.

Iv decided to go with idea 1. I think its the most creative one out of the bunch and hopefully no one else will be doing it. Its thought by me, clayed by me, filmed by me, story board from me and filmed with me in it. I have a lot of roles to fill and it will be hard, time consuming and key to get it right or it simply will not work. Now iv picked idea one i shall be developing with clay to practice with then show my progress for the final video!

I think that clay will be very fiddly and i might get stressed with it, although i think my stop motion video is going to be playful! I want to practice doing suttel movements to make my 'paint' (play doh) effective.


WISH ME LUCK! Me and clay are going to be peas in a pod... in the end
Even with these two videos you can see how effective clay can be, very suttel movements make all the difference  I LOVE the xbox video, however the skills to make it as detailed as that will be very difficult. I want to aimed towards turning realistic objects and turn them abstract. 
Its all part of the fun.