Tuesday 9 April 2013

IDEA TIME! think hayley, think!

RIGHT! lets get some ideas down on paper... were do i start?

CHOSEN Idea 1: painting with clay on a blank canvas and make it alive.
Type: stop motion
Word: entranced
Basic steps: using clay/play-do on a blank white canvas 
use objects as a paint brush/object is transfered onto canvas
splattered paint (clay) forms into an image and moves to music e.g. pulse
stand up tilt one way than the other, clay moves like water to a corner
paint falls off and bounces then object reappears or shake at end and objects come off at same time
end.
(This is just an example of a stop motion animation home based studio.)
This is what i will need to do to achieve my idea. I was thinking about doing my stop motion animation in the studios in sheffield hallam, however i think for the amount of time i will be spending on it i think it will be better if i do it at home. I will borrow a camera, tripod and try and find the correct lighting e.g. lamp but not natural light because i need the constant images (no shadows). I will be wanting to create my own studio in my room, however my camera view is only birds eye view so i will not need a white background like this. I think this will be easier overall and cant wait to get started.
____________________________________________________________

Idea 2: downloaded into computer and try and find your way out.
word: journey 
type:mixed media

Idea 3: object/man in Elevator when it opens and closes a different scene happens e.g. octopus attacking. Goes to the beat.
word: Curious
type: drawn

Idea 4: abstract game using a ball. Can go through different levels/elements to get to the end.
type: drawn OR digital
word: journey

Idea 5: two men/objects dinging on a bell to the beat of the music and as it goes along other objects interact to play other parts of the music.
type: drawn
word: entranced
____________________________________________________________

The reason why iv decided to go towards stop motion is through my research, iv looked at every possible animation and this appeals to me the most. With my idea clay, stop motion i think it will be pretty amazing. I want it to be as playful as this video.
FUN FUN FUN