Tuesday 7 May 2013

Change of plan, I know it pushing it but its for the best.

After doing half of my final i wanted to see how it would look before carrying on and i found that i didnt enjoy it and it was abit all over the place, thats why i have thought up of a new story board. Keeping the 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2 movement. I think this is more playful and enjoyable. I have done two different finals but i am only going to pick one for my hand in animation. 

The general idea behind this story board it that my thoughts change all the time so every time you change the page so does my thoughts. I wanted to to base two on shapes and the other two on charters e.g. fish/worm. Then the other is shapes circle/squares, simple but effective. I hope you like it.

Im glad i pick to do stop motion animation with playdoh, it didnt make it into a chore. I had fun at the same time of making the videos.


I like the inside one more, its more controlled and flows alot better. This is 24fps so there was more images to take but it was worth it for this end result. I wish i would had put more frames in for the fish coming in and out of the page because thats my fav scene. I think i will use this one for my final animation, its longer and fits with the music more. Both videos i had fun with and hopefully i shall get better.

I like the outside animation because it has a great scenery, its 10fps to make it jittery like my thoughts. The idea behind the blank page is i have no thought so i put the book away because im not getting anything from it. I like that it doesnt have alot of frames, it looks more childish like me. I would like to have extended some scenes to make it fit with the music more, although i could always edit the music to make it faster. The only problem for me was the sun kept going behind clouds so i was sat waiting to take the next photo and i cant come back another day/hour to do it. Videos like these have to be done all at once. NO BREAKS :)

And playdoh gets dry in the sun. No good.


FISH SCENE: Playdoh cracked because its too dry



Good old playdoh!
ice cube moulder but ice that looks like fish. I took this and used it for playdoh mould  having the same size for each fish.
Doing the fish scene
Doing the circle scene
Doing the worm scene
_______________________________________________________

New story board, sorry about the photo quality.
Start: 
-zooming out of book
-opening book
-shapes move up and down (squash) 3 times to beat 1,2,3
-turn page
-fish jumps into book with his friends
-wiggles his tale
-turn page
-different colour squares form a circle
-move in and out
-close book
-BOOKWORM crawls onto book
-worm disappears
-ends with a splat
-FIN
_______________________________________
book scene = 72 frames for 3 seconds
1,2,3 = 48 frames for 2 seconds
1,2 = 24 frames for 1 second
splat = 48 frames for 2 seconds